12pt times new roman font H u m a n i t i e s
The Purpose of the multi-stage assignment is to:
- Evaluate a theatrical performance in a detailed and analytical way.
- Produce an essay that critically analyzes a theatrical performance by synthesizing what you’ve learned this quarter about how theatre comments on the human condition and how theatrical production techniques communicate this message.
After completing this assignment, students will be able to:
- Critically analyze a play by understanding how it communicates through specific theatrical and narrative techniques.
- Relate theatre to topics in the humanities
- Create a strong example of persuasive scholarly writing
- Play Attendance.
- Frankenstein : https://ewu.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=bb1c06ef-bf16-402d-a06a-ac760143ed4d (Links to an external site.)
- Jane Eyre: https://ewu.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=722e5c0f-26cd-45a4-9bb3-aba8001f3d3c (Links to an external site.)
- Treasure Island: https://ewu.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=6e6de4b4-1d89-458a-aae9-aba7017c5c2f (Links to an external site.)
- After viewing the play write down everything you can remember immediately. Think about the things that stood out to you, good or bad.
- Write a 900-word critique that analyzes and evaluates the production. Consider the following questions:
- What are the central themes of the play?
- Is the play written in climactic form, episodic form, or some other form? What is the major conflict and its inciting incident? How are complications developed and how does the play resolve? Identify the climax.
- How do the following production elements support (or fail to support) the thematic elements of the play?
Acting: To what degree did I believe that the actor was the character? What did the actor do to make his/her role believable? Use of Voice? Use of body/gesture? Were you involved in or moved by the play? Be sure to mention the actors/actresses by name and character when evaluating their performances.
Scene Design: Did the scenic design help to set the mood and generally enhance the production? How? To what extent?
Costume Design: Did the costume design help to define each character? How? To what extent? Were the costumes appropriate to the time and place of the play?
Directing: Describe and evaluate the directing in the production. Has the director helped the actors perform convincingly? Do the performers play together as an ensemble? Is it easy to see and hear what is going on? Are entrances and exits smooth? Scene changes? Is the stage space used well? Are some areas ignored? Does the pace and rhythm seem right? Does it drag or move swiftly?
To conclude, you will state if the production created a unified whole or not? Why or Why not?
- You will submit a draft of critique here for peer review session. (This task will be assessed according to a rubric)
- Turn in final draft of critique. (Instructor will provide individual feedback and assess according to a rubric) There is a another location for submission for the final version of your paper.
Criteria for Success:
- Your critique must be an analysis of the play/production. Be sure to support your ideas with specific examples from the text/production.
Bad example: “I liked the set.”
Good example: “I thought the way the set was painted made it believable that we were in a forest.”
- Do NOT include a synopsis of the plot.
- You must have a 1200 word, typed paper. It should be double-spaced with 12pt Times New Roman font. Submit your paper via assignment submission on Canvas.
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount