ece 203 week 3 case study template H u m a n i t i e s
Assessment Data to Guide Practice
[WLO: 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3]
As you learned from our discussion this week about informal assessments and from the required readings in the text, using informal assessments to guide curriculum planning and instructional decisions allows educators to best support children’s specific strengths and needs. As explained in the Jaruszewicz (2019) text, developmentally appropriate approaches to assessment include a comprehensive, systematic, and focused look at each and every child’s specific learning and development. In this assignment you have an opportunity to explore informal assessments further in relation to the use of data to drive the creation and delivery of those assessments.
Consider the following scenario: You are an educator that has finished collecting assessment data on a child, Anna Smith, in your program or classroom. You must now must create a curriculum plan based on Anna Smith’s Assessment Evaluation.
To prepare for this assignment,
- Review the Week 3 Instructor Guidance for additional help with this assignment.
- Review Anna Smith’s Assessment Evaluation
- Utilize the ECE 203 Week 3 Case Study Template to assist you with organizing this assignment
For your assignment, include the following:
- Introduction (0.5 Points): Write a succinct introduction that informs the reader of the topic of the assignment and its organization. Remember, an effective essay introduction tells the reader what you will say.
- Assessment Observations (3 Points): In one to two paragraphs, describe the observations that you made from the data on Anna Smith using several examples from the assessments.
- Child Observations (3 Points): In three to four paragraphs, describe the strengths and areas of opportunity (i.e., weaknesses) for Anna Smith based on the assessment data.
- Short-Term Goal (3 Points): In three to four paragraphs, explain three specific instructional decisions for a short-term goal for Anna Smith based on the data analysis.
- Long-Term Goal (3 Points): In one to two paragraphs, explain one specific long-term goal for Anna Smith based on the data analysis.
- Conclusion (0.5 Points): Write a succinct conclusion that informs the reader of the main points from the assignment. Remember, an effective essay conclusion tells the reader what you have said in a summary.
The Assessment Data to Guide Practice assignment:
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages, but including the completed observation checklist) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount