… frequently asked questions H u m a n i t i e s
With this assignment, you continue your analysis and evaluation of societal prejudices with regard to sexism, heterosexism, bisexual-ism, and ageism.
Begin your preparation for this Assignment by asking yourself: Which of the topics I examined struck a familiar chord in me, and for what reason(s)? With which ones was I unfamiliar and/or uncomfortable, and what is/are the reason(s) for these feelings?
For this assignment:
- Review the articles about various “isms” in the resources for this week
- Consider the significance of each “ism” in your professional and personal life, and
- Write a summary essay, at least 3 pages in length, in which you address the following questions:
- If I had been a man instead of a woman or vice versa, how would my life have been different?
- What is the most salient experience in my life that is directly related to my sex?
- What new insights, professionally and/or personally, about sexism did I gain from this article
- What, if any, assumptions do I make about people whose sexual orientation is different from mine?
- What experiences of privilege and/or oppression in my life are directly related to my sexual orientation?
- What new insights, professionally and/or personally, about heterosexism did I gain from this article?
- What do I know now about specific challenges LGBT persons are likely to encounter that I did not know before I studied the resources?
- What do I think/feel when I hear people say that LGBT persons should not be permitted in early childhood settings?
- What new insights, professionally and/or personally, about lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgendered persons did I gain from these resources?
- When I think back to my early childhood years, in what ways did adults made me feel powerful and significant and/or powerless or insignificant?
- When I imagine myself to be 90 years old, how powerful and/or marginalized might I feel—and why?
- What new insights, professionally and/or personally, about ageism did I gain from this article?
Assignment length: at least 3 pagesA
RTICLES TO USE
American Psychological Association (n.d.). Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality. Retrieved from: https:// href=”http:// target=”_blank” title=”Answers to your Questions about Transgender People, Gender Identity, and Gender Expression”>
American Psychological Association (n.d.) Answers to your Questions about Transgender People, Gender Identity, and Gender Expression. Retrieved from:
Frequently asked questions about bisexuality. (n.d.). BiNet Seattle. Retrieved May 1, 2011, from http:// other articles are in pdf file
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount