handled without falling apart H u m a n i t i e s
Creating a zine allows you to construct an argument in a unique format, allows you to experiment with a culturally relevant kind of text, and advance claims in a way that might be unique to you, but is more common for others, and could be useful for you in the future. You will also have a chance to recognize, explain, and analyze your own choices through a supplemental document you create.
The purpose of this assignment is to help you practice the following skills that are essential to your success in navigating arguments you’ll encounter in your academic, professional, and personal lives. In this assignment you will:
- Demonstrate what topic you find to be socially relevant
- Avoid problems in logic through crafting your argument in the zine-medium
- Consider and choose a physical format for your zine, and build the physical object
- Compose an argument using language and other aesthetic considerations
This assignment will also help you to become familiar with the following important content knowledge in critical thinking and reasoning:
- The relationship between text and aesthetic elements, both physical and visual
- Specific rhetorical approaches to reach an audience through a physical document
To complete this assignment you should:
- create a zine using no more than two pieces of paper
- use images and/or text to make an argument about an environmental issue that is important to you
- Hand the physical object to me in class (optional: make additional copies to trade among each other in class)
- Prepare 1-3 pages of writing where you answer the following questions:
- What is the argument of your zine?
- What details are incorporated that help you advance that argument?
- Why do you feel this argument is appropriate for a zine?
- How did you settle on a format for your zine?
- Do you want this back? (If you do, I’ll return it at the final; if you don’t, I’m excited to keep it and add it to my collection).
- Submit that document here in Canvas
Criteria for Success:
You’ve created a small zine that can be handled without falling apart; it is legible; it contains an argument, whether it is explicate or implied; the argument being made is free of logical fallacies, and demonstrates a critical look at a topic; the zine is organized in a way that is intuitive and advances the argument; separately, there is a 1-3 page document that answers the questions above with details, in full paragraphs that are grammatically and mechanically sound.
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount