others .——————————————————————————————————————————– relational communication journal H u m a n i t i e s
Adler, Rosenfeld & Proctor II. Interplay: The Process of Interpersonal Communication (14th Ed.) textbook
View the Budweiser “Dude” commercial below.
Dude – Bud Light (Links to an external site.)
After watching the video, respond to each of the following questions:
- What were the different meanings of “Dude” that you observed?
- How does this relate to concepts from Chapter 5 – Language?
- Think about a word you use that serves multiple purposes Give an example from an interpersonal interaction in which you used the word. What were you trying to communicate in your use of the word?
Chapter 6: Body Language Shapes Who Your Are—Amy Cuddy.
Watch this video:Amy Cuddy TED Talk – Fake it Till You Make it (Links to an external site.)
Answer the following questions:
- What are some examples of nonverbal expressions of power and dominance, according to Dr. Cuddy? Provide an interpersonal example of when you expressed power/dominance non-verbally.
- How do our nonverbal behaviors govern how we think and feel about ourselves?
- What is “power posing”? Provide examples of powerful and powerless poses from the video. Also, give an example when “power-posing” might help you in your everyday interactions.
- “Tiny Tweaks can lead to big changes”—what is the speaker referring to here? What “tweaks” will you make to improve communication?
- Explain the concept of “two minutes” and the benefits this can have in your daily interactions with others.
Relational Communication Journal: This assignment asks you to reflect on how topics under study apply to your personal life. We will do this by extending course concepts beyond the classroom and into your interpersonal relationships. This course is designed to improve your communication skills. To achieve this, you will articulate your ideas in writing, rather than just “thinking about” your behaviors. Note: Anything you write will be held in total confidentiality. Grades will be a reflection of the quality of your work, not the quality of you as an individual.
- This assignment requires that you speak in first person, that is use “I” and “me.”
- Entry should have two separate body paragraphs. That is, each chapter should have it’s own paragraph of analysis. Designate/start each paragraph with the chapter number (Example: Chapter 1).
- The content of your paragraph should be clearly connected to the chapter reading. Outside sources are not acceptable. In your post, include a citation/reference from the textbook for each chapter.
- Do not include the prompt/questions in your post.
- Yes, spelling and grammar count, so proofread before you post!
- Entry should be at least 500 words total.
Place this order or similar order and get an amazing discount. USE Discount code “GET20” for 20% discount